2.25.2013

Girl, put your make-up on........

Don't usually do beauty posts.
But given my newly revived obsession for makeup, I figured I'd share a post before bed.



Lately ive been completely unsatisfied with my makeup regimens' below par performance of melting off my face before ive had my pre noon snack. I thought i was doing a pretty good with my minimalist approach of cherry chapstick, bronzer, blush, a winged eye and mascara. Figured if my clothes and hair looked good the choices above would suffice. How naive. My recent blog pics say otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I've never been a paint my face on type of girl. I tend to like natural looking bronze skin with a slight blushing glow and moist lips. I like to focus on flawless skin and sultry winged eyes.
After spending all night watching beauty blogs on YouTube (oh that evil hypnotic invention) and memorizing every list that Allure magazine can come up with, as well as requests from friends asking for my secret (Janee this is for you girl) I realized its time for an upgrade. Still aiming for the same general look but with better precision and better quality products.

Im on the fence with some of these but here's where I'm at right now:

(From top left)
1. Cover girl lipstick in delish (great nude for girls with medium, olive or tan skin but also love Nars in tzigane)
2. Cover girl lipslicks in demure (I apply this first then add a swipe of the delish for a enhanced natural lip color. Also love the lipslicks in clear as a base for lipsticks in general or alone)
3. Clinique up-lighting illuminator in bronze (just ordered Benefits Watts up because its sheer n best for above my cheek and brow bones for that dewy look (ill let u know how that goes) because cliniques' is too dark but for now i love the texture of this. looks great as a liquid blush or dab on where the light hits for a bronzed glow)
4. Sephora bronzer in los cabos (this is kinda light for me so I have to build but it's nice n matte with no shimmer which is key. Use all over or just as blush or contour)
5. Maybelline BB cream in medium + medium deep ( completely obsessed with this stuff. A welcome change from simple bronzer. With this I can go without everything else sometimes [except eyebrows but that's another post] I use medium as an eye concealer and medium/deep on my face as base. Gonna switch to garnier in medium deep for my eyes tho. I find its less stingy on my eyes and its thinner and covers well. I have yet to find a good eye concealer that doesn't cake or settle in so this is it for now)
6. Elf complexion brush and small angled brush ( for $1-$3 a brush u can't beat the quality. Gonna buy the others brushes tomorrow available at target)
7. Sephora waterproof smoky cream eyeliner in cafe and must have (graduated from Rimmel smoky liner to these. So far so good. I apply with the angled brush and it stays in place ALL DAY. Just move fast cause it drys quick. Practice makes perfect)
8. Maybelline eyeshadow in nutmeg ( I use this alone with just mascara on natural days or above my crease/lid as contrast for my winged eye days)
9. Covergirl blush in pretty peach ( the pic is the CG blush in brick rose which is a tad ashy on my tan skin but I wear pretty peach or rock n rose as my everyday color. Still not 100% happy. Gonna try maybelline dream bounce in fresh pink next)
10. Sephora smoothing primer ( got it as a sample in a kit I bought but have no use for it now since I started using the bb cream. However it does stop shine n fills in pores nicely. Going for the revlon photo ready primer n foundation next)

* Products I forgot: CG Lash blast mascara for every day, Maybelline full n soft for soft volume, loreal voluminous million lashes for color depth, volume and length, bare minerals mineral veil for setting the whole look, Sephora Collection perfecting cover concealer in tan for redness and small blemishes and cant live without my new Anatasia brow wiz pencil in medium ash and her brow gel. Life changing for real.

Phew that was brutal. All that middle finger typing with my ipad is gonna be the death of me. So that's my first beauty haul. Sorry I have no pic to show for my results since this was a spontaneous post. But will def do it next time if there is a next. Back in high school I was the make up queen so it's been fun to get excited about it again and take a (albeit small) break from buying clothes and shoes and instead spend all my paycheck on new beauty products to try. Been giving a lot of thought to starting video blogs for beauty and ootd posts but again I'm still on the fence. Hope u liked this. If so let me know by commenting. Always looking for a good verbal make out. I'll post the links for everything tomorrow. Til then, later dudes and dudettes.

Xoxo Angie

No comments: